About The School
Acre Heads is a primary school located in Anlaby and has seen rapid growth over the last thirty years, but have never lost their foundations of working with the community and developing children into becoming lifelong learners.
For over 10 years, Acre Heads has been one of our Managed Service customers and as of November 2020, they decided to begin their digital transformation journey to the cloud.
Before considering IT as a Service, Acre Heads had the following challenges:
- Having an onsite server meant that their set up would not allow secure access to cloud-based software that would enable remote learning, collaboration and administrative work from anywhere at any time.
- Without the appropriate level of access points, their internet coverage would have struggled to handle online learning in every classroom.
- The ratio of devices did not allow for blended learning opportunities, whilst the devices they did have were slow, inefficient and unable to handle necessary new software and learning platforms.
We would like a seamless use of technology between home and schools. We should be able to work collaboratively on separate devices and every child should be able to access their work in school and at home.
IT as a Service
A simple solution that supports an environment where children can flourish, teachers are empowered and schools achieve results within their budget.
- IT as a Service is an all encompassing solution designed specifically for schools. It gives your school access to the tools and support needed to run a school within budget. Working in the cloud provides safeguarding and data protection peace of mind. It gives both staff and students access to all the data, files and software they need.
- We enable schools like Acre Heads to have a seamless IT experience, by removing failing technology and supplying new hardware every 3 years, so they are fully equipped to concentrate on what really matters.
- This is all delivered in a personalised, cost-effective user based subscription; making learning and working from anywhere and at any time possible.
- Schools will also benefit from our Digital Education Support help desk and adoption program that includes training dedicated to onboarding new technology and upskilling staff. This provides teachers with exciting new teaching and learning opportunities for children.
How has this benefited Acre Heads?
We were hesitant at the start to be moving away from the traditional use of IT but it has been the best decision the school has made. With the current lockdown, the new equipment has been instrumental in the delivery of our remote learning package in and outside of school. PrimaryTech have been inspirational to the staff and so supportive in the transition.
If you are interested in finding out more about IT as a Service and the way is can transform your school for the better, get in contact with us today by filling out the form below.
Published: March 23