Jamboard is Google’s whiteboard app and just like all other Google products, it’s collaborative! Teachers can share the editing access with students or allow them to only view the Jamboard – the choice is yours.
To celebrate Roald Dahl Day, why not use a Jamboard to pose a question and collect responses – who is your favourite character and why? Pupils respond by adding a sticky note to the page and, as a teacher, you can see responses immediately. Straight away you can begin questioning and challenging answers, as well as modelling the editing and improving the process.
Pupils love the colourful and interactive nature of Jamboard, no one is left out – and best of all, Jamboards are easy to share. Push the link out via Google Classroom or email, or generate a QR code directly from the Omnibox (address bar) for pupils to scan with a device.
Top tip – have your pupils write their name on the sticky note!
More fantastic features of Jamboard:
- Stays in your Google Drive
- Add and edit sticky notes
- Add text, images, shapes and drawings
- Easily erase objects or mistakes
- Use a pointer to bring attention to an idea when presenting
- Edit backgrounds, shapes, text size and colours
- Save the frame as an image – find this option under the three dots in the upper right and corner – or download as a pdf
At PrimaryTech we also offer Professional Services including technology CPD covering a range of topics; if you want to learn more about Jamboard and other IT tools to improve your classroom experience, contact us today.
Published: September 10